Friday, April 9, 2010

Cutting the Fat

There is too much fat in state government, and it needs to be cut. I am not happy when I hear of state workers making large salaries who spend a great deal of time doing other things than that which applies to their job description. These workers need to be terminated. As a matter of fact, some state departments need to be totally deleted and those employees who remain and are highly paid should be willing to take a pay cut. I am against paying state workers $150,000.00 a year for overtime hours! What a disgrace, especially when thousands of our citizens are out of work and trying to survive on unemployment insurance. It is time for state workers to set an example by taking a pay cut to show voters that they truly care about the economy. If elected to the legislature I am willing to do this. I want to see us balance the budget. I want to see more money put back into the pockets of hardworking citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment